Regional I-Corps™ Cohorts
UT Dallas/UT Austin/UT El Paso/UT MD Anderson/SW NSF I-Corps
Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) is a set of activities and programs that prepares scientists and engineers to extend their focus beyond the laboratory and broadens the impact of select, basic-research projects www.nsf.gov. As a result of the Entrepreneurship Network-piloted Medical Technologies Lean Startup Course held at MD Anderson and taught by national I-Corps™ instructors, regional I-Corps cohorts will be supported and launched in 2016 at UT Dallas, UT El Paso, and UT MD Anderson.
Participating in I-Corps programming will help UT innovators to:
- Determine the commercial viability of your product/technology
- Develop an effective business model that can be shared with third-party investors
- Get access to technology licensing and funding opportunities
- Network with business and education leaders
Who can apply?
- Three-member team – Principal Investigator, Entrepreneurial Lead and Business Mentor
- A UT research-based technology for which you would like to develop a commercialization plan